Looking for free online homeschooling programs can be accomplished, but they may not be what you are looking for. Online homeschool courses and programs are a great way to provide a high quality education to your children within the comfort and safety of your own home.
You will need to browse for free online homeschooling resources for high school, middle school and elementary schooling online programs for a complete curriculum. Although something may be free, this doesn’t mean it’s the best online homeschool class and program for your child.
Why Do We Want Online Homeschooling For Our Children?
There are several reasons why parents may wish to homeschool their child such as bullies, violence, schedules, child’s thoughts about school or because parents or students do not agree with the curriculum that is being used. With so many reasons in existence it is a good idea to learn everything you can about it before you must make the decision for your child.
One of the major concerns parents have about homeschooling is that they may not be able to provide their child with enough curriculum choices in able to stay up-to-date with other students. Fortunately, there is a lot of information about homeschool programs online today. In fact, there are four online homeschool programs that you may wish to consider to see whether or not they are a good fit for your family.
Why Use Online Homeschool Programs
To begin with you should know why you may wish to consider using an online homeschool program. Some of the main reasons include:
- Online schools save a lot of time because they are easier than traditional homeschooling.
- Online tests can be fun to take and they will also provide you with immediate feedback.
- Whenever you are teaching specific subjects there are video clips available to use. For instance, whenever you are teaching your child about Egyptian civilization you can find streaming videos about it simply by using a Search Engine to locate them.
- Online lessons now use great animations and 3D graphics. These things will help your child to have a better understanding of what they are learning. They will also help your child be better able to visualize this information in their mind. This is something that even the best teacher will struggle with if they don’t have the Internet to help them.
- The interactive tests and lessons that are found online use graphics that help to make them a lot more fun. In fact, whenever you find one that is particularly well designed you may find that your child wants to take more tests or do more lessons.
- Children can quickly learn how to type. Once they do so they will be ready to do their homework on the computer. While typing isn’t a skill that is needed for a lot of today’s jobs, it does make it both easier and faster to be able to write something.
Online Homeschool Programs To Choose From
Some online homeschools have become very popular today. These include:
- Grace Academy offers more than 140 online courses for your child to choose from. These courses have been designed mainly for middle and high school aged kids but there are also some available for younger children as well. The rest of the study time for these children is done offline with the guidance of their parents. This is great for when your child either excels or struggles with a subject because then there are accredited teachers there available to help them.
- Time 4 Learning is another popular choice for online homeschooling programs. This website provides free online curriculum for children in kindergarten through eighth grade. There are also some courses available that you must pay for. This curriculum is comparable to other online curricula and covers such things as reading, spelling and comprehension. Students are able to work at their own pace.
- Laurel Springs provides online courses for children in kindergarten through grade 12. They offer a lot of great choices, as well as personalized support, college prep courses, a learning team created to work with each student, customized curriculum and more than 350 web based and text courses. There is also an interactive grade book and a teacher available for addressing parents’ questions and concerns.
Enjoy online homeschooling programs for your children today. There are many free online homeschooling classes and programs to choose from, but make sure they are right for teaching your child at home.